Following on from our Judaism day on Thursday 2nd November 2017, Class 5 prepared and practiced a heartwarming assembly and school liturgy around the topic of the Jewish holiday of ‘Yom Kippur’, which is the holiest day of the year with it’s central themes being atonement and repentance, the day is usually celebrated with a fast lasting 25 hours! this year Yom Kippur was celebrated on Friday 29th September 2017.
After the liturgy the weekly awards were given out, we had the following awards to hand out!
- Ben (Reception) – Amazing Phonics
- Lilly (Class 1) – Brilliant Maths
- Henry (Class 2) Working hard during Judaism day
- Erin (Class 3) – Excellent Maths
- Whole Class (Year 4) – Good work during Judaism day
- Jonie R (Class 5) – Great work in History
Sean W (Class 3) received a special award from his Judo Class, he was awarded ‘Player of the Week! Congratulations!